Monday, November 10, 2008

I am a scarecrow!

Every fall...well, every year, WEEKS before fall is even a thought in most people's minds...I pull out all of my many fall decorations and just GO CRAZY decorating my home! I have colorful leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows, candles, you name it! Last year I bought a scarecrow that is almost as big as I am! I love it! My favorite thing to do with this life-sized scarecrow is to place him in the middle of our hearth and place pumpkins and leaves all around his feet. He's the focal point of that part of the house! You might wonder why that means so much to me. Scarecrows never really carried any significant meaning for me until I began associating them with this verse:
"I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live,
but the life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God
Who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galatians 2:20
Now, when I look at my scarecrow - whose arms happen to outstretched - I remember my Savior and that He loved me enough to die for me. Then I picture myself crucified. Do I love HIM enough to be crucified? It brings Romans 6:2-7 to mind. It says that in Christ we have "died to sin," that we may live a new kind of life. My old self is "crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with..." That is TRUE living!

No comments: